2009年3月11日 星期三

Ubah Hassan to Appear in Ralph Lauren's Runway Show

The Telegraph reports that Somalian model Ubah Hassan will walk the runway at Ralph Lauren's show tomorrow at New York Fashion Week.
Ubah is currently the face of Ralph Lauren's spring/summer '09 campaign.

"When I design a collection, I have a heroine in mind. She is the star of my movie and expresses what I have to say. I study her character and I create for her and through her," Lauren said. Ubah, whose name translates as "flower", grew up in the city of Baidoa.
In 1991, after the onset of political unrest, her family split up, her mother fleeing with Ubah's sisters, while she, her father and younger brother sought refuge in neighbouring Kenya. The family were finally reunited in Vancouver Canada, in 2001, after a decade of separation.

沒有留言:

張貼留言